We would like to inform you that on September 16th, 2009, 10 works of the students of the Faculty of Fine Arts in Cetinje will be displayed in public spaces throughout the town. The works will be set up from September 16-26 as part of a project entitled "Reflection of the Art in the Public Spaces of Cetinje." The project is being implemented in order to enhance public spaces in Cetinje by adding new artistic elements.
Target groups in the project include students of the Faculty of Arts, the teaching staff of the Faculty of Arts, as well as citizens, representatives of local government and the media.
The project included several activities:
- A workshop for students of the Faculty of Arts and interested citizens of Cetinje, April 28, 2009. Faculty of Fine Arts.
- A presentation of the group ProstoRoz from Slovenia [www.prostoroz.org] and Academica Belgrade [www.academica.org.rs], May 13, 2009. Faculty of Fine Arts.
- Study about public spaces in Cetinje was also carried out.
After working with students interested in the project, we came up with ideas for the following activities:
- The design, construction and installation of the works of 8 students of the Faculty of Fine Arts. The sculptures will be set up from September 16-26, 2009. An outdoor presentation of the works of author Dubravka Milivojevic will be held on September 16th, 2009, at 7 p.m. The presentation will be projected on the facade of the Atelier DADO building.
- Two sculptures created by students as part of a student project in the courtyard of the Faculty of Fine Arts will also be exhibited in the public spaces of Cetinje. These two sculptures will remain installed until September 2010.
This project was implemented by the NGO EXPEDITIO from Kotor, as part of a UNDP Project to support spatial planning in Montenegro. The project was funded by the Swedish Agency for International Development and Cooperation (SIDA). The project was carried out in cooperation with the Faculty of Fine Arts in Cetinje and was supported by the municipality of Cetinje.