EXPEDITIO emerged and survived thanks to volunteerism. During its existence, a large number of Expeditio activities was based on volunteer work. The first of our projects were exclusively voluntary, and the little resources that we have managed to secure from sponsors and donors would be spent on printing costs, travel, materials or basic living expenses on the field. Often, it would be necessary to invest even own funds so that individual projects and activities could be implemented. At a later stage, as the organization developed, we managed to provide minimal resources for implementation of activities and covering the fees, but we still mostly invested a substantial amount of unpaid work. Also, some of our friends and supporters helped on volunteer basis to EXPEDITIO at a time when we were not able to provide funding for certain activities (mainly translation). In the following, we shall list our volunteers, as well as some examples of volunteer support to others provided by Expeditio since 1997.
People who have contributed to the Expeditio development through their volunteer engagement:
- Stevan Kordić, photographer from Kotor - Stevan grants us with his professional photography everytime we ask :)
- Adrienne Blattel, Montreal, Canada - Adrienne has volunteered at Expeditio for 3 months in the fall of 2009
- Darmila Vojinović, Podgorica - translation
- Darmila Vojinović, Podgorica - translation
- Jadranka Vojvodić, Podgorica - translation
- Mila Marjanac Turi, Budva (and Novi Sad) - translation of the Forum „From Vision to Action”
- Miomira Bohus, Beograd - translation
- Dejan Radović, Beograd - translation in English of the first Expeditio web site
- Leigh Grant, USA - editing the book "Guide to Perast" in English, financial donations
- Jasmina Andonović, Beograd - translation "Management approach and its applicability on protected landscapes"
- Dado Žica, Beograd - various kinds of help and support
- Milica Lopičić, Beograd - various kinds of help and support
- Milica Tanasijević, Beograd - translation
- Vuko Strugar, Bar - translation "Protected Landscapes and Cultural Landscapes"
- Gordana Petković, Jagodina - translation of the Forum "From Vision to Action”
- Nataša Govedarica, Montreal - translation of the Forum "From Vision to Action”
- Gillian Caddy, England - editing of the book "Medieval Towns in Monetenegro"
- Svetlana Kikanović, Kotor - assistance in carrying out a survey on the project "Cultural Needs of Youth in Boka"
- Srđan Milošević, Beograd - travelogues Bratislava and Brno
- Bojana Karavidić, Novi Sad - travelogue about Albania
- Miško Leković, Godinje - travelogue about Godinje
- Aleksandar Stanojlović, Pančevo - travel books on railways
- Zorica Tomanović, Podgorica - travelogue about Zabljak Crnojevica
- Marija Nikolić, Tivat - travelogue of the City Park in Tivat
- Zorana Melović, Beograd - travelogue about Italy
- Marija Mihaliček, Kotor - travel books about Perast Islands
- Tanja Piperović, Podgorica - travel books about archeology in Montenegro
+ Participants of the Volunteer work camps in Perast 03/04/2002 (~ 40 people from the region and Sweden)
A huge thanks to all our volunteers!
Projects that are entirely based on the voluntary work of EXPEDITIO members are:
- Perast - architectural workshop '97
- Obed Swamp
- Sutvara '08
- Zagora 2000
- Volunteer Work Camp - Perast 2002
- Godinje - architectural workshop 2004
- Electronic travel books on the Expeditio web site
Other volunteer activities of EXPEDITIO
- Organization of Southeastern Europe Alumni retreat workshop
- Ralization of the trening for Project application for members of the NGO Anima Workshop: Project application
Participation in Action of cleaning Godinje organized by NGO “Godinje”, November 2003
Participation in environmental action NGO NATURA “Cleaning of the river Svinjača”, October 2003 Kolasin
Participation in Volunteer camps in Sweeden through partners Svenska byggnadsvårdsföreningen (participation of 8-10 volunteers from EXPEDITIO)
- Local organization of the project FREE distribution of the energy saving light bulbs in Montenegro
- Local organization of participants from Montenegro at Study visit: Wooden Eco Houses in Styria (organizers cover costs for participation of one person from Expeditio at stusy visit)
- Workshop organization - Planning Through Community Participation for nongovernmental organizations and state institutions representatives, held July 11-12 July 2005 in Cetinje in QLF / Atlantic Center for the Environment, USA organization
Volunteer engagement of EXPEDITIO - Design and Prepress:
- Kotor City Walls - partnership project MBA, IRD ...
- Perast City Museum - informational leaflet
- Lapidarium Kotor - informational leaflet
- NGO Anima, Kotor - different PR material (leaflets, brochures...), translation...
- Mountaineering Club "Vjeverica" from Kotor - PR material (logo, t-shirts, pocket calendars, leaflets), website, all promotional material of the project "All to Vrmac - Vrmac for all!", organization of presentation "Layers of Austro-Hungarian heritage at Vrmac"
- Cultural Centre Kotor - banner for the festival EX - YU film in Kotor (2007), poster for the play "Chicago perversion", a website for the "Festival Teuta"
- NGO Women's Safe House, Podgorica - brochures and leaflets, website ..
- NGO Vertigo - poster for the play "Jacques or obedience"
- NGO Natura - help with translation...
EXPEDITIO conceptual design projects that were voluntary implemented:
- House of Free Thought - preliminary design for the reconstruction for NGO Anima + financial support
- Preliminary design for the solution of the Elementary School yard in Kolasin - Expeditio in cooperation with Jelena Franovic, landscapes. Arch.
Websites made voluntary by EXPEDITIO:
Other volunteer activities of EXPEDITIO:
- Organizing visits to the Bay of Kotor Canova to the participants of the association "Architectes du Patrimoine in France"
- Help in the form of consultations, providing advices and literature from EXPEDITIO library to students, researchers and all interested ...
- EXPEDITIO hired free of charge projection equipment many times (projector and screen) to non-governmental organizations, associations and public institutions that would come forward with this need
- EXPEDITIO also hired free of charge its premises to other non-governmental organizations for their meetings, focus groups etc.
- EXPEDITIO donated 4 used monitors to citizens of Kotor
Unpaid participation of EXPEDITIO members in different working groups, councils, committees, such as:
- National Council for Sustainable Development
- Committee for the sites of world cultural and natural heritage of the National Commission for Cooperation with UNESCO
- Board of the Association of Friends of Perast