The non-governmental organization “Nasa akcija”/ “Our Action” from Kotor organized, as one of the partners of StroNGO project, a two-day event “The Days of Activism”. The Event was held in Muo, Kotor, during the weekend of 3-4 June 2017. This volunteer action was part of the StroNGO project that aims to contribute to the development of stronger civil society in Boka Kotorska. The lead partner in the project is NGO Expeditio. The project is approved by the European Union's IPA 2014 Civil Society Facility Montenegro, and it is managed by the Delegation of the European Union to Montenegro.
The Days of Activism were organized in order to mark the Worlds Environmental Protection Day in Kotor.
Volunteers and non-governmental organizations from Kotor, Tivat, Herceg-Novi, Budve and Podgorica took part in the action.
During the action the following work was done by volunteers/citizens:
1. The coastal of Muo was cleaned
2. The road and the steps leading to the cemetery was cleared of vegetation and litter cleared up
3. Trees were planted on the promenade in Muo
4. The promenade was cleared up, arranged and furnished with three new benches
5. The small outdoor library in Muo was repainted and embellished with artistic detailis
6. A small library that will be donated to the Municipality of Tivat was painted.
In addition to work, the action included entertaining activities for the participants and a discussion about our future joint cooperation, projects and activities.
The event was supported by the Local Community Office Muo, the Utility Company Komunalno Kotor, and the Tourism Board of Kotor.
We would like to express our warmest thanks to all the volunteers and citizens who supported us, especially the artists Ivana Lazarevic and Ana Zarubica, as well as the following organizations: NGO Basta Ekologika and the Scouts Unit Njegos from Podgorica, NGO Teserakt from Tivat, Hiking Club Vjeverica, SeaRock and Triathlon Club Kotor.
Organizational team of the NGO “Nasa akcija”